I just made a 4lb meatloaf so there would be plenty of leftovers (I’ll be dreaming about meatloaf sandwiches tonight I bet) – I formed it into a ring so I could get the maximum amount of edge to get crunchy! Here is my recipe for a giant ring shaped meatloaf!
This post and photos may contain Amazon or other affiliate links, and I earn from qualifying purchases. If you purchase something through any link, I may receive a small commission at no extra charge to you.
If you have trouble sourcing good quality beef and pork that is free from injected chemical tenderizers, this is where I get mine from:
Butcher Box meat and seafood delivery
I get this delivered every two weeks and I’ve found it to not only be higher quality than grocery store meat, it’s actually more affordable to comparable items at my local grocery store. Click here: Butcher Box
Meatloaf is my favorite meal to have as leftovers - and the crispy edges are my favorite part. A giant ring shaped meatloaf is how I have it all in one recipe!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 eggs
- 3 c milk
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 c dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2/3 c ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C)
- Lightly grease a 15" cast iron skillet
- Combine the ground meat, eggs, milk, onions, bread crumbs, salt, and pepper by gently folding the ingredients together with your hands. Be very careful not to squeeze too hard which will deflate the meat and make the meatloaf too dense.
- Make a smooth ring evenly with the mixture around the outer edge of the cast iron skillet.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup. Using a large spoon spread evenly over the entire meatloaf
- Bake for one hour
I like to use avocado oil to grease the cast iron skillet because it can handle the heat of the oven without smoking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 366Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 361mgCarbohydrates: 19gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 29g
Nutritional information is estimated and isn't always accurate.
Do no copy or distribute this recipe – but please share the link with all your friends! Click the green Print Friendly button to print or save as a PDF for your own use.